Basketball Colorado’s Week In Review and New Top 10 5A
1. Denver East (7-2) had it’s toughest week in recent memory going 2-2. After being ranked in the Top 25 nationally in three different polls, the Angels barely escaped Eagelcrest with a win and then went 1-2 at the City of the Palms Tournament. The losses came to #10 in the nation at the time Nueman Goretti and St. Johns Bosco who has one of the most sought after juniors in the nation Tyler Dorsey.
2. Fossil Ridge (8-0) -The Sabercats maintained its undefeated record with a sound victory over perviously unbeaten Thompson Valley (#5 in 4A) and defeated Poudre. Fossil Ridge Head Coach Matt Johannsen is down playing his teams early season success. On twitter he said. “Way too much hoop to play. Haven’t proven anything. Aren’t that good to have this talk.
#1dayatatime “. They are now ranked 9th in the national by Freeman Rankings that uses computer stats to rank its teams.
3. Overland (6-2) – The Trailblazers went 3-0 at the Rock Canyon Tournament, winning by an average of 29 ppg.
4. Legend (6-2) – The Titans went 2-2 at the Cherry Creek Holiday Classic. One loss came at the hands of Thomas Jefferson on a last second shot and then in overtime to Cherry Creek in the championship game.
5. Mountain Vista (8-0) – The Golden Eagles finished the Harrison Tournament 3-0. Sr. Jake Pemberton had a 20 point 10 assist game versus Smoky Hill.
6. Regis (6-1) – The Radiers went 2-0 for the week with wins over Ft.Collins and Cherokee Trail.
7. Rangeview (5-2) – Even with a 27 point effort from Jeremiah Paige the Raiders could not get past upset minded Smoky Hill. Rangeview finished 2013 with a victory over Vista Peak.
8. ThunderRidge (6-3) – The Grizzlies went 2-2 in the gold bracket of the Tark Classic in Las Vegas last week.
9. Fairview (6-0) – No games last week
10. Grand Junction (7-2) – Went 1-2 in the Mullen Holiday Invite. A sound win over Kennedy and then losses to # 3 4A Sand Creek and Bear Creek.
NEW TOP 10
1. Denver East (7-2) – Until someone in the state beats them thats where they will stay
2. Fossil Ridge (8-0) – Strong Strong case for #1
3. Overland (6-2) – First game after break is with Regis
4. Mountain Vista (8-0) – Face off with Arapahoe on Jan 4th
5. Regis (6-1)
6. Fairview (6-0) – Interesting test vs ThunderRidge Jan 4th
7. Arapahoe (6-0)
8. Cherry Creek (6-2) – Won the CC Holiday Classic last week
9. Rangeview (5-2)
10. Legend (6-2)